Hangyaku no Otaku 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Psycho-Pass 2

4 posters

Go down

Psycho-Pass 2 Empty Psycho-Pass 2

Post by Thousand Mistress Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:06 pm

Sequel to the Psycho-Pass series, taking place one-and-a-half years later.

Having learned the true nature of the Sybil System, Akane Tsunemori chose to obey the system, believing in both humanity and the legal order. She's part of a new police section and spends her everyday life facing down criminals. Unbeknownst to Akane, however, a monster who will shake the system to its core is about to appear before her.

---

SPOILERS AHEAD FOR EP 1 (AND SOME OPINIONS)

PS2 episode 1 came out yesterday, and it's already so intense. XD There were many hints(?) at the OP theme I couldn't make out any of them (except that Kogami seemes to be...imprisoned somewhere maybe lol)

Spoiler:

Anyways, looking forward to next week. Developments are so fast! Basketball
Thousand Mistress
Thousand Mistress
MOEderator

Exp : 3573

http://reveux.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Psycho-Pass 2 Empty Re: Psycho-Pass 2

Post by enigmator Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:03 am

I like to think that the story of Psycho Pass ended with the first season, that is to say Akane and her relationship with the Sybil system:
season 1 ending:

That said, I'm glad that this sequel seems to place due respect to Akane's resolution to work within the system while not actually depending on it. And on that note, I like how Akane has matured into the badass senpai cop to her new partner who seems to adhere to the system. Having seen her develop throughout the previous series, this character progression is immensely satisfying.

All in all, I like how this started off with a bang with a Makishima-esque antagonist right off the bat. The original series actually took a few episodes to let the setting sink in before letting Makishima take center stage, but with only 11-episodes (or so I heard), this one doesn't have that luxury.

Other comments that I can't fit it:

• Utterly psyched to see Gino again (who is actually laid back now)
  • The OP is somewhat nauseating
  • The new enforcer guy (Togane, I think) doesn't seem trustworthy
  • I was surprised to discover that Mika Shimotsuki (Akane's new partner) was actually that female student from one of the 1st season's earlier cases (Oryou Rikako's case specifically)
enigmator
enigmator
The Extra
The Extra

Exp : 3523

Back to top Go down

Post by alenn Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:04 pm

I had difficulty comparing her to the Akane in the first season because she does seem like a different person now. But the extreme change looks like for the better specially for their new team structure.

enigmator wrote:
I was surprised to discover that Mika Shimotsuki (Akane's new partner) was actually that female student from one of the 1st season's earlier cases (Oryou Rikako's case specifically)

That's why I find it odd why her attitude towards the other enforcers is different from Kunizuka. She was that girl who was crying on her after the case. I'm really not liking this rookie afterall but considering how Gino was like that before I'm waiting to see how she'll develop.

And Gino is definitely filling in his father's shoes! Just like how his father was in season 1. Can't tell yet if I like the change but oh well...

No further opinions yet on the new antagonist except that he looks uh... young, he looks like someone's brother and he is voice by the Kimura Ryohei

Interesting fact about another seiyuu... Makishima's VA has made a come back as the voice of their red-haired enforcer.
alenn
alenn
Evil Admin
Evil Admin

Exp : 4140

Back to top Go down

Post by enigmator Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:24 am

alenn wrote:
That's why I find it odd why her attitude towards the other enforcers is different from Kunizuka. She was that girl who was crying on her after the case. I'm really not liking this rookie afterall but considering how Gino was like that before I'm waiting to see how she'll develop.
I definitely found it strange that after one and a half years of working with Section 1, she still didn't seem to understand how Akane thinks or operates. You'd normally expect some of that friction to dissipate in the first months they worked together, but for now, I'll give this the benefit of the doubt and see where the show takes her character.
enigmator
enigmator
The Extra
The Extra

Exp : 3523

Back to top Go down

Post by Thousand Mistress Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:15 pm

I'm really that excited to see how Mika turns out for the entire series. I hope it turns out well as I expected. XD

When are we going to see Kogami though?
Thousand Mistress
Thousand Mistress
MOEderator

Exp : 3573

http://reveux.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kiryuu_zero Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:56 pm

Currently watching Psycho Pass 2. Dominator!! I'll make you mine. hahahaha!! Razz
kiryuu_zero
kiryuu_zero
One Shot Wonder
One Shot Wonder

Exp : 3507

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum