Hangyaku no Otaku 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Log Horizon

5 posters

Go down

Log Horizon Empty Log Horizon

Post by Ultimate Coordinator Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:14 am

Log Horizon

Log Horizon is a role-playing fantasy anime series based on the light novel by Mamare Touno.  

During a the most recent update of Elder Tales, a very popular MMORPG internationally, an strange event that would become known as the Apocalypse traps players currently online in the game inside the game world.  Struggling to survive this new reality, these players begins re-exploring their surrounding and taking control of the world of Elder Tale.  In the Akiba server in Elder Tale's version of Japan, Shiroe, a brilliant strategist but socially awkward player, joins up with his friends Naotsugu and Akatsuki and forms Log Horizon, a guild dedicated to bring order to the online reality and protection of players and the World's citizens alike.

Currently starting its second season, when I first started watching season one last year, I initially thought, "this might just be a SAO-knockoff", given the series premise.  However as I continued following it, Log Horizon wowed me for its excellent portrayal of the Elder Tale world and its dynamics.  It's probably the best rendition of an MMORPG in an anime since the Dot Hack series (maybe better).  Also the wide and colorful array of different characters portrayed gives a vibrant world full or personalities.  Finally, the main protagonists Shiroe is probably the best MMORPG based anime heroes ever - even better that let's say, Kirito of SAO.  You just have to watch Log Horizon to understand how badass-awesome Shiroe, the Villian In Glasses is.

Some more thoughts about Season 2:

1. I am totally shipping Naotsugu x Marie, but amazingly funny Tetra makes for a great love triangle.
2. I love how the economics angle of Log Horizon continues in the second season.
Ultimate Coordinator
Ultimate Coordinator
Evil Admin
Evil Admin

Exp : 4122

Back to top Go down

Log Horizon Empty Re: Log Horizon

Post by enigmator Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:41 am

Oh, hey. it's a place for me to pour out my feelings for Log Horizon. I will gladly accept this opportunity.

Having read up the translations all the way until this full raid arc, it's gratifying to see it all in action. For the latest episode, it brings back some familiar faces, particularly Demikas and William Massachusetts, so they can redeem themselves. For new faces, there's also Tetra, whose floaty pixie-ness reminds of of Roman from Sket Dance. I'm very interested in seeing how these varied characters, including Shiroe and Naotsugu, can some how work together.

For this series as a whole so far, this sequel is best described as more of the same stuff as the first season, which is pretty good stuff. You have creative reinterpretations of MMORPG mechanics, politics (preferably w/ evil glasses), and just messing around.

One thing I'm not fond of seeing more of would be the romantic rivalry between Akatsuki and Minori for Shiroe's affections, but oh well.
enigmator
enigmator
The Extra
The Extra

Exp : 3523

Back to top Go down

Post by Misaka Mikoto Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:28 pm

I wish they'd start with Akatsuki's arc first since Shiroe's arc seems to tackle the bigger issue of the two although in terms of the better final boss fight I prefer the current order.

Misaka Mikoto
One Shot Wonder
One Shot Wonder

Exp : 3509

Back to top Go down

Post by alenn Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:56 am

I don't really think the new series will present the two arc separately...

So far they are alternating the scenes from the raid and the happenings in Akiba which I think is a good thing.

I can already imagine viewers biting their lips in frustration just when it's a cliff hanger in the raid group and then suddenly switching to people in Akiba partying XD
alenn
alenn
Evil Admin
Evil Admin

Exp : 4140

Back to top Go down

Post by kiryuu_zero Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:55 pm

I actually liked the story of Log horizon to be honest. It's just that the problem here is.. It's quite different from other online series though. the main attraction that I got fond of here is they have their own economy there in which they tend to live on while they are in game. I really liked the way shiro did it. And how he actually tried to mind destory his enemies.. *hoho* Razz Hope it has another season..
kiryuu_zero
kiryuu_zero
One Shot Wonder
One Shot Wonder

Exp : 3507

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum