Hangyaku no Otaku 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Mobile phone thread

+2
Thousand Mistress
setsuna15
6 posters

Go down

The Mobile phone thread Empty The Mobile phone thread

Post by setsuna15 Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:12 am

well, i'm sure most of us are using mobile phones these days. But most of us are using smart phone today

post anything about mobile phones, phablets, etc.... tablets? not sure

i only have my nokia E6, which is both touch and type phone. and i miss using an android phone after my xperia died in a stupid water submerge accident

setsuna15
setsuna15
Bit Character
Bit Character

Exp : 3524

Back to top Go down

The Mobile phone thread Empty Re: The Mobile phone thread

Post by Thousand Mistress Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:31 pm

I'm using an Alcatel One Touch Magic as my main phone right now, my Galaxy Y was busted but I can still use it for music.

Alcatel is a nice phone, not very mainstream and has good specs. It's also a very sturdy one! Perfect for someone like me who uses phones for personal stuff instead of thorough gaming ~
I remember their logo with their letter A still a triangle symbol. XD And now with just months of using it (bought it January) I can finally type on QWERTY without troubles. XD
Thousand Mistress
Thousand Mistress
MOEderator

Exp : 3562

http://reveux.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by brian_efinispirit Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:11 pm

Been using Nokia N8 since December 2010. I do have plans of buying a new phone by my birthday next year (ideally Xperia Z2 or Z3) mainly because my phone keeps on occasionally restarting by itself, esp. after I drop it because of my recklessness. Apart from budget, two additional things make don't want to give up this phone: USB-to-go and laziness on my end as far as file back-ups are concerned.

Also, I have a spare Nokia 6630 I only bring if I know I need to keep in touch with someone using a Sun sim. I've had it since January '06.

brian_efinispirit
The Extra
The Extra

Exp : 3511

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaust_note Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:07 am

I have two Alcatels, a Soleil and a Glory X, the latter serving me since college. Both are good phones as well, the Glory X has fell down a number of times. For next year, I'm planning on getting something like a Google Nexus next year as a replacement for these
exhaust_note
exhaust_note
The Extra
The Extra

Exp : 3513

Back to top Go down

Post by leonheart666 Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:11 am

been using a samsung wave y for almost 3 years now its a bit outdated but meh as long as it can text or call, i use my tab to read my ebooks and play some games and stuff
leonheart666
leonheart666
Breakout Character!
Breakout Character!

Exp : 3534

Back to top Go down

Post by Ultimate Coordinator Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:46 am

A personal true story about how durable Samsung Galaxies can be (WARNING: DON'T READ THIS WHILE EATING):

In 2013 I was at Makati Medical Center, accompanying my Mom for her pre-surgery eye checkup.  I was taking a leak on a lavatory in the Men's Room on the first floor, and I placed my Samsung Galaxy S III Mini on the ledge above where we usually place stuff while taking leaks.

I misjudged the placement of the phone.

I heard the SPLASH.

My mind first went into panic mode as I had my first glimpse of the phone sinking in the piss-filled bottom of the lavatory sink.

Quickly shifting into SEED Mode my Ultimate Coordinator-enhanced reflexes led my right hand diving into the water and grabbing the phone within three seconds of its initial splashdown.  

My heart stopped as I saw the phone power off, with a little electrical spark on one corner, and I feared the worst.

After wiping off the liquid off the phone exterior and finding out that the interior was safely dry, I tried booting it up again.  I was so relieved to see it boot up easily, and the phone activated as if there wasn't a problem with it.  And it stayed that way without having any problems whatsoever.

I love that S III (too bad it was stolen from me when when my Mom's store was robbed, together with my wallet a year ago LOL).

Right now I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S4, which I hate. I dunno, but I'm not really fond of it.
Ultimate Coordinator
Ultimate Coordinator
Evil Admin
Evil Admin

Exp : 4111

Back to top Go down

Post by Thousand Mistress Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:08 pm

^ I just love how Samsung phones are durable. xD My Champ (which I bought three years ago iirc) is still here with me, usable at any moment. Just charge it and voila~

But yeah, I have the same sentiments...I'm not really fond of that brand sometimes Laughing

I forgot to tell what my exact Alcatel unit was - it's OneTouch Magic, a special edition (and smaller) version of Pop C5 and C3~ I could have bought a Huawei of the same price as that one, since the Huawei I saw was a bit bigger than what I use.

But I plan on getting back to Nokia phones especially the ones with Win 8 OS.
Thousand Mistress
Thousand Mistress
MOEderator

Exp : 3562

http://reveux.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by setsuna15 Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:32 pm

I'm thinking if i'm want to shift to iOS soon, since they are decent phone, but they don't have fm radio and micro sd card slot (which I needed the most)

5s is my option for a 32gb... Kung Meron Lang sanang 32gb ung iPhone 6, but.... overprice kills

I miss having a 4.6 inch phone since I've switch back but dead Xperia M.

Now, my next target will be xperia z3 compact.
setsuna15
setsuna15
Bit Character
Bit Character

Exp : 3524

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down